a

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes



I wasted a lot of time when I was younger. Most of it was spent not listening to 30 Seconds to Mars. That was a mistake. I remember buying their album, A Beautiful Lie, in 2005 and falling in love with it, but soon tossing it aside. It wasn't fashionable for a teenager to be listening to an "emo" band, regardless of whether or not their album went platinum in the US, and sold over 3.5 million copies worldwide. No one cared about that back then.

When my brother turned me on to 30 Seconds to Mars's new album, This is War (2009), words could not describe how much I needed to hear it. It changed my life. I am now hopelessly obsessed with this band, and a life long member of the Mars army.

This song is probably my favorite song of theirs. It means a lot to me, as most people's favorite songs do. The music video showcases many great things about the band. It shows how well-traveled they are (they are nearing their 300 show mark for their tour on this album cycle, a feat that will be a new Guinness World Record), their eclectic fashion sense, and their message of being who you really are despite what the world may tell you. It also shows how wild their shows are. I've been to one - Jared Leto (lead singer) singled me out of the crowd and invited me up on stage - and it was nuts. This December, I will be going to another show in NYC with a backstage pass to meet Jared and the rest of the band. Did I mention his voice is amazing?



I invite all of you to give them a shot. It's a great listen.

Will enjoy if you like:
Linkin Park
My Chemical Romance
Muse

Suggested tracks:
Kings and Queens
Vox Populi
Attack
From Yesterday
Where the Streets Have No Name [U2 Cover]

No comments:

Post a Comment