a

Monday, February 7, 2011

Ben Folds - Landed



I dedicate this post to one of my best friends who was dumped by his girlfriend and is still undergoing the long process of recovery and coping. Thankfully, he has found his outlet in music and is currently in the process of writing an album. Recently, I found out that he would be showcasing a lot of his written work and a few covers at a coffee shop outside of The College of William and Mary where he has the pleasure of attending.

The reason for the dedication is not without reason. Ben Folds says that "[Landed is] about a close friend of mine who's recovering from being under the influence of a crazy girlfriend. I had this mental image of him flying back to reality, landing at the airport and needing a ride back to the life he left behind." My friend was also the one who introduced me to this great musician.

The song is great, and despite his quirks and (strange) antics, Ben Folds is one of my favorite current artists. Rock on dudes.

8 comments:

  1. Ben Folds is quite a genius. I wish I could play any instrument as well as he plays the Piano.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good stuff so far, will check out more later!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good song i'll have to look more into the band. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice to discover new music

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not a huge Ben Folds fan, but I really liked this video. The song wasn't too bad either!

    One more to add to my iPod playlists....

    ReplyDelete